Tuesday 7 January 2014

Quinoa Pancakes

I thought I would try something different for breakfast this morning - quinoa pancakes.  Some people don't like the taste of quinoa because it can have a bitter outer shell, but I didn't find it affected the pancakes at all.  They were a little tricky to cook as the batter was a bit gluggy, and took a really long time to harden enough to flip, by which time they were definitely on the darker side.  I did them on the griddle, but if you find a more efficient way of doing them, let me know!  Other than that, I quite enjoyed them.  I omitted the sweetener and the spices and served them topped with sauted zucchini and tomato with cheese.  Please find the recipe in the link below.

http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2013/05/easy-quinoa-pancakes-gluten-dairy-and-sugar-free.html

No comments: