Wednesday 30 July 2014

Coconut Flour Berry Cakes

It's been a while since I've written... I guess I feel guilty for writing a health blog when I'm not feeling great... oh well!  I am sure it will all right itself soon and I can blog guilt-free again.  ;)

A note here on cheating:  it is so very hard to stick to your correct eating habits when on holidays.  My family and I were away last week for my uncle's wedding and while I (kinda) tried to eat right, I wandered a bit - like the time my sisters pulled out leftover pizza and garlic bread for lunch.  I ate my rice first like a good girl... and then had some pizza and bread on top of that.  And of course the wedding cake, which I am not at certain I want to know what was in it as it had HEAPS of fondant icing and each piece was in layers of the colours of the rainbow.  It was yummy at any rate!  :P

Anyway, they are a few f my confessions and I am ready to hit the wheat free road again with this recipe to share.  I made it yesterday and my Lady Mother insisted that I write it down as I have a habit of putting things in my memory... in a very safe place.  So I did, and now I'll share it will you.  :D


Sorry about the dodgy picture... its the best I could d at the time.  It looks much better in real life than the photo suggests!


Coconut Flour Berry Cakes

1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp dextrose
1 egg
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup berries

In an over proof mug, combine the butter and dextrose.  Ad the egg and combine well.  Add the coconut flour and the baking powder and combine.  Mix in the milk and the berries and bake in a preheated 180 degree Celsius oven for 15-20 minutes.  When cooked, slide around the inside of the cup with a butter knife and tip cake onto a plate.

Enjoy!

No comments: