Saturday 11 January 2014

Egg and Bacon Baskets

I made these for breakfast this week and they were so popular that my Lady Mother told me that I was to make them on a weekly basis!  :D  Not at all difficult and quick to make.  To make a dozen you will need:



6 rashes of long-cut bacon
12 eggs
cheese (optional)

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.  Lightly grease a muffin tray (my silicon tray worked really well)  Cut each rasher of bacon to half-length and sit half a rasher of bacon in each muffin tray cup so that the bacon makes a circle and encompasses the inside of the cup.  Crack an egg in each "bacon cup".  If you are using cheese, sprinkle it on here.  Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until eggs are firm.

I did not use cheese when I made this recipe, but that was simply because we happened to be out of cheese that morning: I am sure they are as delicious with cheese as without it!  :D

No comments: